- FAQ Home
- All categories
- About Webyog support and about this FAQ
- About the SQLyog program
- Connection issues
- Using the GUI
- Managing your MySQL Database Systems
- Database Schema Synchronization
- MySQL DATA synchronization
- SQL Scheduler and Reporting Tool
- Importing external data
- SQLyog Job Agent (SJA)
- Working with Views, Stored Procedures and Triggers
- Character Set and Localization Issues
- MySQL bugs that affect SQLyog
- Questions on Open Source and Compiling
30 users online | 30 Guests and 0 Registered
- I get error 1130 "Host is not allowed to ... (364710 views)
- Error no. 2003: Can't connect... (255167 views)
- SQLyog Version History (178554 views)
- Error no. 1045: "Connection denied..." (133669 views)
- Error No. 2005: Unknown MySQL server host... (105262 views)
- What is HTTP-tunneling? (91495 views)
- Can I use SQLyog with the WINE Windows emulator ... (87385 views)
- Error no. 1251: "Client does not support authentication..." (79056 views)
- What Is SSH and SSH-tunneling? (64396 views)
- The "DELIMITER" command does not have effect. Why is ... (57841 views)
- SQLyog Version History (2014-06-08 10:22)
- I get error 1130 "Host is not allowed to ... (2014-01-30 12:21)
- About CHUNKs and BULKs (2014-01-09 11:53)
- SQLyog is a client for the MySQL server - ... (2013-08-04 04:48)
- Problems creating a functional DSN on 64 bit Windows. ... (2013-07-22 08:34)
- Can I use SQLyog with MySQL version 5 features like Views, Stored Procedures and Triggers
Yes, you can. From version 5.0 SQLyog supports these features. The DELIMITER command is implemented in the SQLyog editor like in the ...
- Can I use HTTP-tunneling if I don't have PHP at my webhost
NO! PHP must be available and either the php_mysql() or the php_mysqli() extension or extension must be enabled in PHP configuration. Starting from SQLyog 5.23 ...
- Can I execute more SJA jobs at the same time?
Well, Yes you can. Absolutely no problem in doing so.But the result of it may be unpredictable in cases where one or more of ...
- Can I change my database name(s)
NO ... and yes!Directly changing database names is not possible! It is not a restriction with SQLyog, but with MySQL itself. The reason is that ...
- Can I synchronize across different MySQL versions?
The basic working of the Synchronization tool is that it generates a string using the concat_ws(s) function on the columns selected with ...
- Can I manage MySQL databases with SQLyog if database or column names are in a different language than my own?
Yes! No problems!Read about SQLyog and character sets here. Also if the names of database objects use characters that are not available on your ...
- Can I use SQLyog with the WINE Windows emulator on LINUX.
Yes - you can. Actually SQLyog is a very popular application used by Linux/wine users. And it is not restricted to Linux. It is equally ...
- Can I use SQLyog with the various SQL-modes available with MySQL?
Well ... yes. But let us have a look of the concept of the sql-modes.SQL-modes were introduced with MySQL version 4.0 as a general ...
- Can I perform "incremental import" with the SQLyog Import External Data Tool?
Yes! The SQLyog Import External Data Tool was developed with that feature in mind from the very beginning. To do this you must understand ...
- Can I do a 'Silent Install' when installing SQLyog?
Yes, you can!Network Administrators generally have the most use for a silent install. What a silent install does is to install the application ...
- Can I rename a database?
NO... and yes! Directly changing database names is not possible! It is not a restriction with SQLyog, but with MySQL itself. The reason is that ...
- Can I add my own strings to SQLyog auto-complete?
Yes, you can.And that can be very useful if you have some standard strings used often for naming, commenting etc. Especially if those ...
- Can I change the registration info after SQLyog was installed?
Yes! Common reason why you would want to do this are: you misspelled the registration name when purchsing. by mistake you registered ...
- Can I use functions with SQLyog DATA and RESULT panes?
Yes! This has been supported since version 5.12. Also read here about KEYWORDS support in SQLyog GUI. If you enter a string followed by the ...
- Can I compress (.zip) SQLyog/SJA backups?
YES - this option was added in SQLyog 8.4 ...
- Can I back up more databases at one time?
Yes! Support for this was added in the Scheduled Backup 'powertool' in SQLyog version 6.5. You can backup everything from the databases where you have ...
- Can I use the auto_increment attribute without using that column as a Primary Key.
Yes! MySQL allows for that. The rules are:There can only be one auto_increment column in a tableThis column must be defined as a KEYWe ...
- Contribution Agreement
As any company delivering Open Source program(s) operating in a world dominated by proprietary licenses and where legal issues with intellectual property rights occur and ...
- Can I store 'long strings' in BLOBs with SQLyog?
Yes, you can. But basically you should consider a better option! BLOB types are 'BINARY LONG' data. It is intended for storing binary data ...
- Can I restore a backup on another server than where it was created?
Yes, you can. But please first also read this FAQthat explains the basics about the backup functionalities in SQLyog. As long as the 'main' Server versions are identical ...
- Can I schedule CSV export and import?
The CSV export and import functionality of the SQLyog GUI are not directly implemented in the SJA. But both are posible with relative simple SQL ...
- Can I use SQLyog on a Mac?
Not directly. We do not provide 'native' binaries for Mac OS-x. However there still are two different ways to run SQLyog on a Mac: 1) Using a ...