- FAQ Home
- All categories
- About Webyog support and about this FAQ
- About the SQLyog program
- Connection issues
- Using the GUI
- Managing your MySQL Database Systems
- Database Schema Synchronization
- MySQL DATA synchronization
- SQL Scheduler and Reporting Tool
- Importing external data
- SQLyog Job Agent (SJA)
- Working with Views, Stored Procedures and Triggers
- Character Set and Localization Issues
- MySQL bugs that affect SQLyog
- Questions on Open Source and Compiling
26 users online | 26 Guests and 0 Registered
- I get error 1130 "Host is not allowed to ... (364710 views)
- Error no. 2003: Can't connect... (255167 views)
- SQLyog Version History (178554 views)
- Error no. 1045: "Connection denied..." (133669 views)
- Error No. 2005: Unknown MySQL server host... (105262 views)
- What is HTTP-tunneling? (91495 views)
- Can I use SQLyog with the WINE Windows emulator ... (87385 views)
- Error no. 1251: "Client does not support authentication..." (79056 views)
- What Is SSH and SSH-tunneling? (64396 views)
- The "DELIMITER" command does not have effect. Why is ... (57841 views)
- SQLyog Version History (2014-06-08 10:22)
- I get error 1130 "Host is not allowed to ... (2014-01-30 12:21)
- About CHUNKs and BULKs (2014-01-09 11:53)
- SQLyog is a client for the MySQL server - ... (2013-08-04 04:48)
- Problems creating a functional DSN on 64 bit Windows. ... (2013-07-22 08:34)
- Do I need PHP to use SQLyog with MySQL?
No! You won't need PHP or any PHP-based tool like phpMyAdmin. All you need is MySQL and SQLyog. But of course if you want to use your ...
- Does the SQLyog backup tool backup MySQL ver. 5 Objects?
Yes it does!Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and Views are all backed up by the SQLyog backup tool (and restored by the restore functionality). That ...
- Does the SQLyog 'Schema Sync Tool' synchronize MySQL objects (Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Views and Events)?
Yes, it does! That was included with SQLyog version 5.1. The SCHEMA SYNC tool now syncs all available information from the database schemas ...
- Does the SQLyog 'Schema Sync Tool' synchronize the order-of-columns within a MySQL database table?
Yes! That was included with SQLyog version 5.1. The SCHEMA SYNC tool now syncs all available information from the database schemas and can be ...
- Does SQLyog provide Server statistics?
No! This is not the 'scope' or the 'purpose' of SQLyog. SQLyog is primarily a tool for DATA MANAGEMENT with MySQL. Not ...
- Does SQLyog crash the MySQL server?
No generally not! But MySQL has confirmed a bug that causes the MySQL server to crash when the server has UCS2 as the default ...
- Does SQLyog GUI understand the meaning of special MySQL KEYWORDS.
Yes it does! Starting from SQLyog version 5.1 specific MySQL KEYWORDs are given a special treatment by the GUI. The KEYWORDS supported like this currently are: NULL CURRENT_USER CURRENT_TIMESTAMP UTC_TIMESTAMP localtimestamp Also ...
- Data Synchronization fails when a DATETIME column is used for the Primary Key.
You experience that Data Synchronization fails when a DATETIME column is used for the Primary Key (alone or in conjunction with other columns). You ...
- Do I need to SET NAMES to display characters of my language?
No, you won't. SQLyog does all what is required! With the introduction of SQLyog version 6 SQLyog always uses UTF8 internally. Whenever SQLyog communicates ...
- Does SQLyog support spatial datatypes?
Well .. both yes and no! 'spatial' (or 'geometrical'/'geodetical'/'geographical') datatypes are special datatypes used in conjunction with specific types of programs like GIS ('Geograhical Information Systems') ...
- Data Sync fails with string columns defined DEFAULT '' (empty string)
This will happen if servers are different versions and if one is from before and the other after a specific point in time. The 'specific point ...
- Data get truncated when importing a large CSV-file.
SQLyog is is able to import data CSV files to MySQL using two different techniques: 1) using the Microsoft ODBC Text driver (that ships with every ...
- Do I need to replace the PHP tunneler file when I upgrade SQLyog?
Generally not. You only need to upgrade the PHP file if we have made any changes to the PHP file shipped with that version of SQLyog. ...